Vegan Halloween Candy Bars
Recipe by Flora & Vino
ALMOND FLOUR NOUGAT
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3 TBSP peanut butter (or sub any nut/seed butter or choice)
- ¼ cup (~5) Medjool dates
- 1¼ cup Medjool dates
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or sub any nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 bars Hu Salty Dark Chocolate (~6 oz. dark chocolate)
- Line a small baking dish (I used 6 x 9) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, peanut butter, and dates to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the food processor or blender and add the dates, nut butter, almond milk, and salt. Blend until thick and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Remove pan from the freezer and spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the crust. Sprinkle peanut over the caramel and press down lightly with your hands to make sure they stick. Place the pan back in the freezer for ~30 minutes until the caramel/peanut layer sets.
- Remove pan from the freezer and remove the entire base from the pan by lifting with the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and slice into small bars, 9 for larger full-size Snickers and 18 for fun-size Snickers. Arrange bars on a parchment lined baking sheet and place back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a pan over medium low, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Remove baking pan from the freezer and carefully dip each cut bars into the chocolate with two forks, turning the bar until it’s completely coated with melted chocolate. Drain any excess chocolate from the bar through the forks, then place the bar baking on the parchment lined baking sheet to set up. Continue until each bar is coated with chocolate. Drizzle each bar with any leftover melted chocolate, if desired.
- Place the pan in the fridge for ~30 minutes to set.
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for longterm storage.
Oct 28, 2020
Posted by Gabby Bellettieri