Recipe by Flora & Vino
Easy vegan butterfinger bars made with peanut butter and cereal sweetened with date paste and coconut sugar with a Hu dark chocolate coating.
- 1/3 cup date paste (or sub pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (or sub any nut or seed butter)
- 2 cups gluten-free corn flakes
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2/3 cup chopped Hu Kitchen Salty Dark Chocolate
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the date paste and unrefined coconut sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low bowl, and simmer for a 60 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter and salt and stir until you have a thick paste.
- Add in the corn flakes and stir well to completely coat, crushing the cereal flakes while stirring.
- Press the cereal into the parchment lined bread pan. Place pan in the freeze for 1-2 hours or until completely hard.
- Once the mixture is firm, lift the parchment paper out of the bread pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the nougat into 9-12 large rectangles and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate.
- Add chopped chocolate to a small saucepan over medium low until fully melted. Spread melted chocolate over the rectangles with a spatula or dunk the entire bar in the melted chocolate for more traditional candy bar encasing. Drain any excess chocolate off and place back on the parchment paper. Place bars back in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to re-harden.
- OPTIONAL: Dunk the frozen candy bars in an another layer or chocolate if the coating is thin. I did this to mine to achieve a more even chocolate layer. Alternatively, you can skip this step.
- Enjoy immediately from the freezer. Store in the freezer for the classic Butterfinger crunch.
Dec 04, 2019
Posted by Hu Kitchen