Dark Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
Recipe by Flora and Vino
Yields 12 donuts
Healthy Hu dark chocolate donuts made with oat flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Topped with a decadent 2-ingredient Hu Dark Chocolate ganache.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (more oat flour or almond flour– did not test coconut!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP flax seed + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
- 2 Hu Kitchen Hazelnut Butter Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- 4 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- 1 Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two donut pans.
- Prepare your flax eggs in a large bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes to gel. Next, add the maple syrup, applesauce, and almond milk and stir to combine.
- Sift in the oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cacao powder and stir again to combine.
- Spray the donut pans with coconut oil spray or lightly grease with coconut oil. Add batter to fill each donut. Carefully shake the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare your chocolate hazelnut ganache. Add the Hazelnut Butter Chocolate Bars to a pan over medium low heat, stirring often until chocolate is fully melted. Transfer to a glass bowl and add almond milk. Whisk to combine and refrigerate until ready for use.
- When the donuts are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes until icing.
- Remove the donuts from the pan, transfer to a wire cooling rack, and “frost” with chocolate hazelnut ganache.
- Add an optional chocolate drizzle. Melt 1 chocolate bar over medium heat. Add a small amount of coconut oil if needed to thin out. With a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over frosted donuts before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 5-7 days .
Jun 09, 2021
Posted by Hu Kitchen