VEGAN PALEO CHOCOLATE CAKE
Recipe by Feasting on Fruit
Serves 12 slices
The perfect vegan paleo Hu dark chocolate layer cake for any occasion – fluffy, fudgy, layered with rich ganache frosting, and made without grains, eggs, or dairy!
- 3/4 cup (135g) Hu Gems
- 1 1/2 cup (210g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (240g) almond milk
- 1 cup (240g) brewed coffee*
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) cassava flour
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (180g) Hu Gems
- Cream from 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk (about 200g)
- Melt the Gems.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, almond milk, brewed coffee, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla (all at room temp or slightly warmed).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
- Divide into 2 greased 6" cake pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool on a cooling rack completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, melt the Gems with the coconut cream. Stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then whip with a hand mixer until fluffy and lighter in color.
- Cut off the domed top of each cake. Stack with frosting in between, then frost the top and sides.
- Slice and eat! Keep leftovers in the fridge, well covered so it doesn’t dry out.
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen
Tags: Recipe, Dessert recipes, Gems recipes, Gluten free recipes, Holiday recipes, Vegan recipes