VEGAN MINT DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT LAYER BARS
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 12-16 slices
Vegan and grain-free mint dark chocolate coconut layer bars made with a cacao date-nut base, sweet coconut butter center, and mint dark chocolate top.
DATE-NUT BASE LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12–15 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
COCONUT BUTTER MINT LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups raw coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp mint extract (or sub peppermint oil)
MINT CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1 1/2 cup Hu Kitchen Crunchy Mint Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Line a 9×9 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all base ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until you have a sticky crumble. Press the mixture into the lined baking pan and press into an even layer with your hands or a spatula. Add baking pan to the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse out the blender and add in the softened coconut butter, maple syrup, and mint extract. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour coconut butter mint mixture on top of the base layer and spread until smooth. Tap the baking pan gently on the counter several times to remove any air bubbles. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- To make the top layer, melt the chopped chocolate in a saucepan over medium low heat, stirring often, until fully melted. Remove the baking pan from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate on top of the coconut butter mint layer and spread until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 more minutes until the bars are firm to the touch.
- Once firm, remove the dessert from the loaf pan and cut into individual peppermint chocolate slices. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover bars in the freezer until serving.
Dec 06, 2019
Posted by Hu Kitchen