VEGAN LINZER COOKIES
Recipe by Feasting on Fruit
Serves 8 sandwiches
Buttery grain-free vegan linzer cookies with yummy Hu Dark Chocolate fudge filling. The perfect easy healthy holiday baking recipe!
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 a vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp salt
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FILLING
- 2/3 cup (120g) Hu Gems
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut milk
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, zest, seeds scraped out of the vanilla bean, and salt.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cutout with a linzer cookie cutter, you should get approximately 16 cookies.
- Transfer dough to a pan and freeze for 30 minutes (this makes transferring to the baking sheet easier.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- For the filling, melt the Gems with the coconut milk. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon a dollop of the filling on each whole cookie, top with the cutout cookies, and chill until the chocolate is firm.
Dec 23, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen
Tags: Recipe, Dessert recipes, Gems recipes, Gluten free recipes, Holiday recipes, Paleo recipes, Vegan recipes