Vegan Dark Chocolate Swiss Roll
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Hu dark chocolate swiss roll with coconut swirl rolled in chocolate cake with a 2-ingredient chocolate ganache. Naturally sweetened and oil-free!
- ¾ cup super-fine almond meal
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 10–12 large Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2–3 TBSP filtered water
- 1 can full fat coconut cream (solid parts only)
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate bars, melted
2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- Line a square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the chocolate dough, place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until you have a smooth consistency.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared tin, pressing down with your fingers. Transfer the baking tin to the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the coconut whip.
- Prepare the coconut whip by scooping out only the firm part of cream from the can and placing it in a chilled bowl. Add the maple syrup and use a mixer to whip it up until it’s light and fluffy.
- To assemble the swiss roll, take the dough out of the freezer and carefully lift it out of the tin with the parchment paper. Spread the coconut whip on top of the chocolate in an even layer with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Slowly start rolling up the dough from one side until you have a firm roll. Place the roll back into the freezer while you prepare the chocolate ganache.
- To make the chocolate ganache, melt the dark chocolate bars and almond milk in a medium pan on the stovetop. Stir until well combined, thick, and spreadable.
- Remove the roll from the freezer and pour the chocolate ganache on top in an even layer. Sprinkle on optional toppings, like unsweetened shredded coconut and shaved dark chocolate.
- Transfer the roll back to the freezer for 5 minutes until the dark chocolate ganache hardens.
- Serve immediately by cutting into 1″ rounds.
- Store leftover Vegan Dark Chocolate Swiss Roll in the freezer. Allow the roll to sit at room temperature for ~5 minutes before eating for the best texture and consistency!
Dec 09, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen