VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Vegan dark chocolate pecan pie with a grain-free crust, a Medjool date-sweetened filling, and plenty of Hu dark chocolate chips. A decadent holiday pie!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8–10 pitted Medjool dates
PECAN PIE FILLING
- 12 pitted Medjool dates (~1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 TBSP arrowroot powder
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Baking Gems + more on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a pie pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until you have a sticky ball.
- Press the crust mixture firmly into the pie pan, pressing up on the sides with your fingers to create the crust.
- Rinse out the blender and add the Medjool dates, almond milk, and arrowroot powder to the bucket. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to create.
- Add 1 cup of the pecan halves and pulse several times to roughly chop them. Fold in Dark Chocolate Baking Gems.
- Spread the filling into the crust in an even layer and place the remaining pecans and extra dark chocolate gems on top and press them in lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pecans on top are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing. For the best results, transfer pie to the fridge to cool overnight and slice and serve the following day.
- Store leftover pie in the fridge for up to one week and reheat before serving, if desired.
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen