Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 36 cheesecake bites
Easy raw vegan cheesecake bites with soaked cashews and coconut milk coated in dark chocolate. The perfect naturally sweetened pre-portioned treat.
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, quick-soaked in boiling water for ~30 mins
- 1 large lemon, squeezed (~2 TBSP lemon juice)
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 bag of Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Gems
- Quick soak your cashews by soaking them in a heat-safe bowl with boiling water. Soak for 30 minutes, then drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Add the pitted dates and walnuts to a high-speed blender and pulse until you have a sticky ball, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. You want the dough to be well-combined but some visible clumps of date and walnut are OK.
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper and press date/walnut mixture into the bottom to form an even base layer. Wet your hands with water before pressing to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Transfer pan to the freezer to chill the base while you mix up the cheesecake filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust and smooth to form and even layer. Tap the pan several times on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Transfer pan back to the freezer and freeze overnight, or at least 8 hours, until cheesecake is solid.
- When the cheesecake is frozen, remove from the freezer and transfer to a cutting board. Slice the cheesecake into 36 even squares and transfer back to the freezer while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Add the Gems to a large saucepan over medium low heat. Heat until fully melted, stirring occasionally. Transfer melted chocolate to a medium heat-safe bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set next to the melted chocolate. Remove cheesecake squares from the freezer and using two forks quickly dunk into the melted chocolate. Drain any excess chocolate from the squares before placing onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all cheesecake squares are dunked.
- Transfer baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for at least one hour or until chocolate and cheesecake are firm. Enjoy immediately. For firmer cheesecake bites, enjoy straight from the freezer. For softer cheesecake bites, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover cheesecake bites in a freezer-safe air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Mar 31, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen