Recipe by Flora & Vino
Easy vegan and grain-free skillet cookie made with almond butter, almond flour, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and Hu paleo chocolate chips.
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed meal + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 4 oz. Hu Kitchen Gems
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a small 6″ cast iron skillet with oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix up your flax egg and allow to sit and gel for 5 minutes. Add in the almond butter and coconut sugar and mix well.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and Himalayan sea salt and stir together until well combined. Fold in chocolate gems.
- Transfer cookie dough into the grease skillet, smoothing out into an even layer. Top with more chocolate gems, pressing them slightly into dough.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and the center is firm to the touch.
- Allow skillet cookie to cool for 10 minutes before topping with favorite dairy-free ice cream.
Dec 04, 2019
Posted by Hu Kitchen