THICK CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Recipe by Feasting on Fruit
Serves 6 Cookies
Big bakery-style Hu Dark Chocolate chip cookies (but healthier!) Thick and chewy made with cashew butter, cassava flour, and dark chocolate. Vegan and paleo!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (125g) cashew butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp (30g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (70g) cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) Hu Gems
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside to gel.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, flax egg, coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat to incorporate.
- Fold in the Hu Gems.
- Scoop onto a lined baking sheet (I did about 3 tbsp per cookie, but they are quite big so you could use less for smaller cookies) leaving space in between for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375ºF until golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Dec 23, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen