Tahini Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies with a tahini twist and plenty of Hu Dark Chocolate Gems. A vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free dessert!
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed meal + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 ¼ cup superfine almond flour
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Hu Kitchen Gems
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together your flax egg and allow to gel for 5-10 minutes.
- Next add in the tahini and maple syrup and stir to combine. Finally, sift in the almond flour, baking powder, and Himalayan sea salt and stir again. The dough should be pretty thick. If it’s not (depends on what brand of tahini you use), add a little bit more almond flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for dough to firm up. You can skip this step if you’re in a hurry- I usually do with success!
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough into ~1.5 – 2 TBSP balls onto the parchment paper. Flatten slightly with your hands. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown underneath and slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to set before eating. Cookies will appear soft and undercooked when removed from the oven and will firm up after cooling.
- Store leftover cookies in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for long term storage.
Dec 09, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen