Recipe by Feasting on Fruit
Serves 12 bars
A girl scout classic but homemade and healthier! Samoa Cookie Bars with a date caramel coconut filling and Hu dark chocolate drizzle. Vegan and paleo!
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
CARAMEL COCONUT LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups (105g) unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted**
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 cup (180g) pitted medjool dates, soaked for 10 mins
- 1/4–1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) Hu Gems
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together all the cookie ingredients.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Alternatively you can roll/cut or press into individual cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (a little less for cookies, try 11-12) at 350ºF until golden brown. Cool.
- Combine the soaked and drained dates, almond butter, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Process slowly adding water as needed until you have a thick smooth paste.
- Pulse in the toasted coconut.
- Spread on top of the cookie base. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Melt the Hu Gems.
- Slice the bars into 8-12 squares (depending on how big you want them).
- Dip the bottom of each in the melted chocolate. Drizzle the tops with remaining chocolate.
- Chill until set, then eat!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Mar 31, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen