PISTACHIO ICE CREAM COOKIE SANDWICHES
Recipe by Flora and Vino
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least one hour in hot water
- 1 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw pistachios, chopped + more for serving
- 1 bag Hu Grain-Free Cookies
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and add to a blender with the entire contents of one can of coconut milk, maple syrup, and pistachios.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy, then pour contents into a freezer safe pan or container.
- Lay the container flat and freeze for 6-8 hours, stirring every hour with a spoon to lightly churn until the ice cream is completely firm.
- Allow to soften for 30 minutes prior to serving for the best results.
- Serve by itself or smashed between Hu Grain-Free Cookies.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, pack slightly softened ice cream into a 1/4" scoop, then spoon out and smash between two cookies.
- Roll the perimeter of the sandwich around on parchment paper to smooth out the edges, then wrap in parchment paper and allow the sandwich to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Roll in optional crushed pistachios and serve immediately.
- Store leftover cookie sandwiches in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Mar 23, 2021
Posted by Hu Kitchen