Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 8-9 cups
No-bake s’mores cups with an oat-date crust, Hu dark chocolate center, and cashew marshmallow top. A vegan and gluten-free dessert with no campfire necessary!
- 1/4 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted and packed dates
- 10 oz. Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
CHOCOLATE MARSHMELLOW LAYER
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, quick-soaked in hot water
- 1/3 cup coconut milk + more to reach desired consistency
- 3–4 TBPS pure maple syrup
- Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate, shaved dark chocolate, for topping
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners or lightly grease with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add cashews to a bowl with enough hot water to cover them. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes before incorporating into the recipe.
- Add the oats to the blender and pulse until you have a rough oat flour. Add in the dates and process until you have a sticky ball. This may take a few minutes for the dates to break down. If your dates are very dry, try soaking pitted dates in hot water for ~10 minutes before incorporating into the recipe. Press the blender contents together between your fingers to get check the consistency. You want the crust to stick together without falling apart but not be too wet and gooey. Add a few more oats if the crust is too gooey, or throw in a few more dates if it’s too dry.
- Once you have the right consistency, press the date-oat mixture into the prepared cupcake tin to form a crust. Set in the fridge to firm up while you prepare the chocolate and filling.
- To make the chocolate ganache, add the broken dark chocolate into a heat-safe mixing bowl. Add the coconut milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until it comes to a low simmer, then pour over the chopped chocolate. Cover the bowl and allow to rest for ~5 minutes to melt. Uncover the bowl after 5 minutes and stir to dissolve any remaining solid chocolate. If any chocolate chunks remain, pop the bowl in the microwave in 10 second increments to melt fully. Add chocolate ganache to the fridge to thicken as you prepare the marshmallow layer.
- Rinse out the blender you used to create the crust. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add to a blender along with the coconut milk and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. Add more coconut milk as needed to reach desired creamy consistency. Taste and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- Remove cups from the fridge and place on a parchment lined plate. Remove chocolate ganache from the fridge and divide between the cups. Chocolate ganache will continue to thicken as it chills. You want the mixture to be scoop-able and not solid for spooning into the cups. Allow the chocolate to set until firm to the touch before adding on the marshmallow layer.
- Spoon the marshmallow date on top and swirl with a spoon. Add shaved dark chocolate on top. Serve immediately. Refrigerate No-Bake S’mores Cups for up to one week. Allow refrigerated cups to sit at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.
Mar 31, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen