Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 8-12 slices
Vegan and gluten-free double chocolate banana bread with almond flour, oats, ripe bananas, tahini, and Hu dark chocolate chunks. Perfect for weekend baking!
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flaxseed meal + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 3 super-ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup runny tahini
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cups super-fine almond flour
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 heaping cup Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate, chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add flax egg (flaxseed and water) and bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash to combine. Allow the mixture to gel for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut sugar and tahini and whisk vigorously to combine. Add in the cacao powder and mix again to combine.
- Sift in the gluten-free oat flour, almond flour, and baking powder and stir to combine. The batter should be thick and scoopable– not runny!
- Fold in 1/2 the chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and spread to form an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake on the center rack for 45-55 minutes or until the bread is firm to the touch. and slightly brown around the edges. A toothpick inserted into the centers should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week and freeze for longterm storage.
Apr 28, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen