DARK CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
Recipe by Feasting on Fruit
Serves 12 cookies
Irresistibly delicious Hu Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a chewy brownie-rich cookie covered in powdered coconut “sugar” for an easy healthier holiday dessert. Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo!
- 1 cup (180g) Hu Gems
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup (40g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) shredded coconut (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside to gel.
- Melt the Hu Gems.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, maple syrup (make sure it’s at room temp), flax egg, vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Scoop and roll into balls.
- Blend the coconut until super fine/powdery (don’t blend too long/high or it will start to turn into coconut butter).
- Roll each ball in coconut. Arrange on a lined baking sheet (do not flatten).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool then eat!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for longer storage.
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen