KETO-FRIENDLY ZUCCHINI FRIES
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 2-3 servings
Oven-baked zucchini fries coated in Hu Grain-Free Crackers! Perfect for a keto-friendly superbowl appetizer. These oil-free, gluten-free, and plant-based fries make a delicious appetizer or snack.
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into “fries”
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP flaxseed meal + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 package Hu Kitchen Everything Grain-Free Crackers, finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the zucchini, trim the ends, and slice into long 1/4 inch “fries”.
- Mix up the flax egg in a small mixing bowl and allow to sit 5 minutes to gel.
- Meanwhile, crush the Hu Kitchen Everything Grain-Free Crackers by placing in a high speed blender or food processor and pulsing several times until you have a fine meal.
- Carefully dip the zucchini “fries” into the flax egg mixture then coat with cracker crumbs and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all zucchini fries are coated. I recommend using two forks to dip the zucchini into the cracker mixture so it doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Bake the zucchini fries for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Flip at the halfway point.
- Serve immediately. Reheat zucchini fries in the oven at 375°F for ~10 minutes or pan-fry in a pan on the stovetop.
Feb 04, 2021
Posted by Hu Kitchen