CHOCOLATE DIPPED VEGAN DO-SI-DOS
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 10-12 sandwiches
Healthier do-si-do cookies made with nut butter, and almond flour naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Dip in melted Hu Salty Dark Chocolate for a sweet twist!
VEGAN DO-SI-DO COOKIES
- 1 cups super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup roasted cashew or peanut butter
- 1 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 2–4 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew or peanut butter
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 8 oz. Hu Salty Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl, and toss to combine.
- Next, add in the cashew butter or peanut butter and maple syrup, and mix until combined.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Transfer cookie dough bowl to the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- After 10 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and spoon tablespoon-sized scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a measuring cup or your hands to very slightly flatten your cookies. Stick the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cookies from the freezer and place directly in the oven. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown underneath and around the edges.
- After removing them from the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then smash again with the back of a measuring cup to make them even more compact. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- While your cookies are cooling, make the filling. Combine the almond milk, cashew or peanut butter, and maple syrup in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. It should be thick but spreadable. If it’s too thin, add more peanut butter. If it’s too thick, add more almond milk.
- When the cookies are cool to the touch, spread the peanut butter mixture on top of half the cookies. Use a remaining un-frosted cookie and press down to create the sandwich.
- After your sandwich cookies are all assembled, melt the chocolate. Add the chocolate to a small saucepan over low heat until fully melted, stirring often to avoid burning. Transfer the chocolate to a small heat-safe bowl. Carefully dip each sandwich cookie into the chocolate and transfer back to the parchment lined baking sheet to set. Transfer baking sheet to the fridge or freezer for quicker results.
- Enjoy! Store leftover cookies in the fridge and freeze for longterm storage.
Jan 10, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen
Tags: Recipe, Dessert recipes, Gluten free recipes, Vegan recipes