4-INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER DARK CHOCOLATE EGGS
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Yields 12 eggs
Easy Hu dark chocolate peanut butter eggs with just 4-ingredients! Perfect for an Easter treat or anytime healthy candy substitute.
- 1 cup creamy salted peanut butter* (just peanuts + salt)
- 3 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add peanut butter to a medium mixing bowl along with the maple syrup and coconut flour and stir to combine. The result should be a dense dough that you can easily roll into balls. If it’s too runny, add a tablespoon more coconut flour.
- Use a cookie scoop, scoop out rounded ~1.5″ Tablespoon balls of dough and gently form into a disc/egg shape. Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheet and continue until you have about a dozen uniform eggs.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer to chill while preparing the chocolate.
- Add the choppedCashew Butter + Vanilla Bean Dark Chocolate to a small saucepan over medium heat and warm until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- When the eggs are solid and cold to the touch, remove from the freezer and begin dipping in the chocolate. Use a spoon or fork to dip the eggs in the melted chocolate, ensuring all sides are coated. Tap the excess chocolate off to avoid run off. Place chocolate coated eggs back on the parchment-lined dish or baking sheet and repeat until all eggs are dipped. Place the eggs back in the freezer to set.
- When the chocolate shell is firm to the touch, remove eggs from freezer and drizzle with additional chocolate, if desired. Place back in the freezer to set once more.
- Enjoy immediately! Store leftover eggs in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer up to one month.
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen