PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAKFAST BARS
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Easy pumpkin chocolate chip breakfast bars with oats, almond butter, and pumpkin naturally sweetened with maple syrup and Hu dark chocolate chips.
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBPS ground flaxseed + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- heaping 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Hu Kitchen Baking Gems (+ more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix up your flax eggs and allow to sit for 5 minutes to gel. Add in the pumpkin, almond butter and maple syrup and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oat flour, oats, pumpkin spice, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir well to combine.
- Fold in chocolate gems.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread in an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow breakfast bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store leftover bars in the fridge for a week and freeze for longterm storage.
Dec 04, 2019
Posted by Hu Kitchen