Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 18-20 cookies
Classic vegan Hu dark chocolate chip cookies with a pomegranate twist! Vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free with an almond flour base.
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 cup tahini, cashew butter, or almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup super-fine almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup pomegranate arils + more for topping
- 1/2 cup Hu Kitchen Gems + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax egg and allow to sit for ~5 minutes to gel. Next, add in the tahini or nut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Sift in the almond flour and add the oats, cinnamon, ginger, and baking powder. Use a spatula or wood spoon to stir until well combined.
- Fold in the pomegranate arils and chocolate Gems and stir again to combine.
- Use a 1.5″ TBSP cookie scoop to scoop the dough, then use your hands to roll into balls. Place balls on the baking sheet and press down with your palm to flatten slightly. Sprinkle with optional more pomegranate arils and Gems and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to one week and freeze for long term storage.
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen