DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT BUTTER CUPS
Recipe by Flora & Vino
Serves 12 cups
2-ingredient coconut butter cups made with Hu dark chocolate and coconut butter. Vegan and oil-free with no added sugar. Perfect for a sweet dessert!
- 18 oz. Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Baking Gems (2 bags, divided)
- ~1 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1–2 TBSP liquid sweetener (optional!)
- Before beginning the recipe, add the coconut butter to a large bowl and fill with warm water and let the coconut butter jar to soften.
- While the coconut butter softens, melt 1/2 your chocolate in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners and add 1 TBSP of the melted chocolate to each. Use a spoon to gently push some of the chocolate up so it slightly coats the paper liners. Then transfer to the refrigerator or freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
Once the chocolate is slightly firmer, add 1 TBSP of softened coconut butter to each. (Mix in additional sweetener for the coconut butter if adding.) Place back in the refrigerator or freezer to chill for 10 minutes or until the coconut butter is slightly hardened to the touch.
Melt the remaining chocolate and spoon on top of the hardened coconut butter. Use a spoon to ensure that the coconut butter is fully covered. Then set back in the refrigerator or freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes or until the cups are firm to the touch.
Serve straight from the refrigerator or freezer.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or freeze for longterm storage.
May 04, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen