Recipe by Flora & Vino
Homemade Nutella made with roasted hazelnuts and Hu dark chocolate. Lower sugar and oil-free with just 2-ingredients! Try serving with apple chips!
- 3 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup Hu Simple dark chocolate
- Apple Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the hazelnuts in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Hazelnuts are done when lightly browned and fragrant.
- Remove hazelnuts from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Wrap them in a clean towel and rub the towel roughly several times to remove the skins. Hazelnut skins should easily fall off.
- Add hazelnuts to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes, until you have a creamy hazelnut butter. Scrape down the sides as needed to recombine and continue blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Add chopped chocolate to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until fully melted, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Transfer the hazelnut butter and melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl and stir until well with a spatula until well combined.
- Transfer roasted hazelnut nutella to mason jars and leave at room temperature for 6-8 hours to set. Store nutella at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- Serve with apple chips for a fun dipping variation!
Mar 26, 2020
Posted by Hu Kitchen