Hu Kitchen is looking for an Experienced Pastry Production Chef who is interested in a new and challenging creative opportunity. This is a critical and High Profile position within our group. It comes with an insane amount of growth potential with a young and growing company.
We echo our philosophy and beliefs in our kitchens. We cook with only the best ingredients we can find to produce the best tasting and best for you food. You can be proud that everything we do starts from its raw state and we produce everything in house -- you can watch the progress of your ideas and dishes from start to finish. Everybody contributes to the menu. If you have a good idea, we’ll test it and try it. We also encourage all of the Chefs to be a factor to the Daily Specials.
When was the last time that you made a Mouthwatering Cake without using Gluten, Dairy, or Sugar? What about a delicious Bread that doesn't use Flour or Yeast? That's what we do across the board. We have developed an immensely successful Pastry and Baking Department largely based on the Paleo Lifestyle. We are setting the tone and leading the industry in a new way of doing things that NOBODY ELSE IS DOING.
Pastry Production Chef Responsibilities:
- Properly oversees all operations of the pastry department by supervising and coordinating a team of 6
- Being hands on, assisting where needed to make sure everything gets done in a timely manner. You are expected to produce saleable product throughout your day
- Upholding the highest standards of food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of staff and guests. Oversee DOH Walk-Throughs for Downstairs Prep Kitchen and Walk-Ins
- Overseeing and ensuring that all company systems and policies are maintained at all times.
- Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas
- Research and Develop New Products that fit our paradigm and company direction
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching and frequent lifting of an average of 20-50 pounds
- Tasks will be performed using and in the proximity of ovens, mixers, robot coupe, etc..
- Work requires the safety and proper handling of cooking utensils and kitchen equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet
- 1-2 Years’ Experience as a Salaried Management Pastry Chef, directly managing staff
- Excellent communication skills
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate
- Career oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to multitask
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills
- Full Time availability and ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- This is a 55-60 hour [5 day] work week
- Outside the box Mentality
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Bonus - Paid Every 6 Months